- Work in one of Queensland’s leading Schools
- Permanent Part-time
- 16 hours per week
- Suitable for undergraduates currently enrolled or studying a Degree in Marketing or Communications (or similar)
The College is currently seeking an innovative Digital Marketing Co-ordinator to assist with the development of marketing collateral (print and digital) that supports the delivery of the Marketing and Communication Plan and is aligned to the brand style guide. The Digital Marketing Co-ordinator is a member of the College’s Community Relations Department, reporting to the Director of Community Engagement.
- Develop concepts and layout for the design of print and digital marketing collateral.
- Ensure that all digital and print marketing collateral are of a high standard and are aligned to the brand and photo guide.
- Manage the visual elements of the school’s website to ensure it reflects the brand, key differentiators and current activities are communicated effectively and appropriately.
- Develop social media content that is appropriate and timely and engages with the wider College community.
- Produce engaging photography and videography for the College’s communication channels.
Matthew Flinders Anglican College is a co-educational school that educates and cares for more than 1,300 students from Early Learning to Year 12. The College was established in 1990 and is centrally located on the Sunshine Coast at Buderim. The College has extensive facilities, comprehensive sporting and co-curricular programs and is committed to effective technology use to enhance educational opportunities. The College enjoys an outstanding academic record with almost 90% of graduates proceeding to tertiary studies and equally impressive results in our arts, music and sports programs. At Matthew Flinders Anglican College we educate for excellence in learning and life. We value courage, respect, compassion and integrity. We welcome students, parents and staff with diverse backgrounds and cultures in accordance with our Christian principles. Our Vision is to give each student an inspiring education by providing opportunities for excellence in a compassionate environment.
Matthew Flinders Anglican College is widely recognised as one of Queensland’s leading schools, providing a challenging, safe and exciting environment in which our students and staff can excel. Our staff enjoy working with engaged and motivated colleagues and a supportive and committed leadership team. The College hosts a 1:1 Apple Device Program supporting more than 2,500 devices enabling students to engage with contemporary learning practices in all facets of their education. With outstanding facilities and a stunning natural environment, the Flinders learning environment is welcoming and engaging to all.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS:
The ideal candidate will possess the following key knowledge and skill requirements:
- Currently enrolled or studying a Degree in Marketing or Communications.
- Demonstrated experience using content management systems (such as WordPress and Joomla) and expertise with the Adobe Suite platform (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Premiere and Acrobat) are essential.
- Experience in corporate social media management (Facebook, Twitter and Instagram) and solid understanding of SEO principles are also pre-requisites for this role.
- Understanding of the technical aspects of photography and the ability to deliver high quality images that reflect the College’s brand and key messages.
- Ability to produce videos that support marketing and fundraising strategies.
- Ability to write in a style which reflects the College’s editorial style and voice.
- Ability to rapidly learn and keep abreast of relevant digital marketing technologies and strategies.
- Demonstrated ability to contribute to team outcomes by being flexible and supportive of other team members.
- Ability to maintaining an approachable disposition and professional and courteous manner when liaising with students, parents, visitors, staff and other members of the public.
- Strong professional interpersonal skills are required and the ability to work as a constructive member of the Community Relations team including a professional and courteous manner with students, parents, visitors, staff and other members of the public.
- Ability to prioritise workloads within limited time frames, to be a constructive member of the team and an ability to manage simultaneous and numerous requests for assistance.
- Hold a current drivers licence and hold or have the ability to receive a Suitability Card (Blue Card).
- A willingness to embrace the Anglican ethos.
HOW TO MAKE AN APPLICATION:
Your application must include:
- Your Curriculum Vitae (approximately 3 pages)
- An application letter addressing the knowledge and skill requirements as stated in this document
- The names and contact details of two professional referees must also be provided.
Referees will only be contacted with your permission.
All applications are to be submitted via email directly to, email@example.com
Closing Date: 9.00am AEST Monday 26 March 2018
Applications should be addressed to, Ms Alison Walburn, Director of Community Engagement
For more information, please review the position description: Digital Media Co-ordinator – Position Description