Following the development of the new Banana Oval precinct, the College is proud to announce that major work will commence at the end of Term 1 with the re-development of the Flinders Aquatic Centre.
The existing pool will undergo a significant facelift, complemented by refurbished changerooms, storage, relocation of the plant and equipment, and covered seating. The video below demonstrates the artist’s impression of the new precinct, which also includes an enclosed new Learn to Swim pool.
The outstanding new precinct will inspire and nurture swimming talent among our students and our broader community. The Centre will cater for students from Learn to Swim to Squad and for some elite. Families will also benefit from the carefully designed and comfortable facilities, cleverly blended into the College campus.
Among several new features, the new Flinders Aquatic Centre will offer:
- Refurbished 25m pool – upgraded to a wet edge pool
- Extended male and female changerooms/amenities
- Disabled changeroom
- Formal pool entry
- Office for the 25m pool facility
- Two storage areas alongside the Marshalling Area
- Terrace seating with synthetic grass perimeter which can be used for dry land training
- Ritek cantilevered roofing structures over tiered seating and Marshalling Area (waterproof and sun shelter) – will make the area light, airy and open
- Pathways for easy connection across the Centre
- Flat dry land training area on both sides of the 25m pool behind the terraced seating
- New fencing
- Separate formal entrance for Learn to Swim
- Two changerooms for Learn to Swim
- Enclosed Learn to Swim Pool with Ritek roofing and motorised blinds
- Office for Learn to Swim
- Greater storage for Learn to Swim
- Carpark to wrap the pool area on two sides providing more sealed parking
- Reconstructed concourse – also catering for a Marshalling Area (catering for 60-80 swimmers)