Primary Teacher – Full Time Fixed Term (12 month) Maternity Leave Contract beginning January 2018
Environment: Matthew Flinders Anglican College is widely recognised as one of Queensland’s leading schools, providing an exceptional environment for our students and staff to excel. Our staff enjoy engaged and motivated colleagues and are supported by an inspirational leadership team. Coupled with outstanding facilities and a beautiful natural environment, Flinders is a truly remarkable place to work.
The Flinders Culture recognises and promotes high standards within an energised and compassionate environment. The successful applicant will be supportive of and sympathetic to the philosophy and aims of an Anglican Independent School.
The College is searching for an enthusiastic, innovative and highly motivated Primary Teacher to step into one of our classrooms to cover a maternity leave period through the 2018 Academic Year
Commencing Term 1 (15 January 2018)
Concluding end Term 4 (30 November, 2018)
To be successful, you will be able to exhibit the following knowledge, skills and experience:
- Teaching excellence in the Australian Curriculum, with an in-depth understanding of the current Primary Syllabus
- Capacity to understand and apply the College’s pedagogical framework
- Ability to work collaboratively in teacher teams to plan and implement effective teaching and learning; engaging professionally with colleagues and the community
- Experience using technology effectively as a teaching tool
- Demonstrated excellence in creating and maintaining supportive and safe learning environments while providing excellent pastoral care to students
- Ability to contribute effectively to the co-curricular life of the College
How to make an application: Your application letter and resume must include your recent achievements and address your suitability for the role as specified in the attached Position Description. The names and contact details of two professional referees must also be provided. Referees will only be contacted with your permission.
Applications are to be submitted directly via SEEK by 8:00am AEST Monday, 25 September 2017 addressed to: Mr Bruce Winther – Deputy Principal, Primary.
Please note: the closing date for applications has been extended to Monday, 25 September 2017. All applications received to date will remain in the current candidate pool and applicants do not need to re-apply.