Matthew Flinders Anglican College lies at the foothills of Buderim on Queensland’s beautiful Sunshine Coast. Our Prep to Year 12 College is a master-planned campus that blends with the natural, sub-tropical environment.
Flinders boasts exceptional educational, performing arts and sporting facilities that encourage student participation in sport, music and cultural pursuits. Our Flinders Chapel at the entry to our College provides a calm and reflective place for our College community to positively engage with our Christian principles.
Flinders’ outstanding sporting facilities include:
- the centrepiece floodlit sports oval and additional ovals and clubhouse
- multi-purpose indoor Sports Centre, including facilities for basketball, volleyball, netball, cricket and gymnastics
- the Flinders Aquatic Centre, including a 25-metre eight-lane heated and floodlit swimming pool
- a cricket turf, wicket and cricket nets
- four floodlit tennis and netball courts
- the Flinders Fitness Centre (a sports-specific training facility and weights room) for team and individual training.
Flinders’ impressive Performance Centre is utilised by both our Primary and Secondary Schools. This Centre provides our students with state-of-the-art facilities and has been designed to extend the choices of teaching methods at Flinders.
Classrooms in our Primary School all open onto grassed areas, gardens and play spaces to enable our students to enjoy active break times and peaceful natural surrounds for enhanced wellbeing. Our Primary School campus also includes a Learning Centre, art room, Primary Pavilion with two covered sports courts, library, tuckshop, outside schools hours care building, music rooms and veggie gardens. Flinders’ new Outdoor Classroom encourages our students to connect with nature on a deeper level by engaging in learning that flows out of the classroom door.
Our Secondary campus includes a specialist Year 7 block, Graphics and Information Technology classrooms, Science laboratories, Design and Technology centre, Art precinct with a Gallery, tuckshop and a working Agricultural Farm. The Quad is the central meeting place for our students, and is bordered by the Lecture Theatre, Learning Support, Student Office, careers counsellors and library.