Matthew Flinders Anglican College is committed to providing a wide range of learning opportunities across all areas of the curriculum and to nurturing individual student’s talents and interests. As part of this commitment, the College offers scholarships for students with special talents who, in turn, will make a significant contribution to the life of the College.
Flinders Foundation Scholarship
The Matthew Flinders Anglican College Foundation (Flinders Foundation) is pleased to offer a Flinders Foundation Scholarship.
The Foundation Scholarship, offering 50% remission of tuition fees, is offered to a student commencing Year 10 or Year 11, who exhibits attributes of an outstanding all-round contributor and does not attend Matthew Flinders Anglican College. The scholarship is subject to an annual review of his/her academic progress, and overall contribution to the life of the College.
- The Flinders Foundation Scholarship entitles the recipient to 50% remission of tuition fees
- The Confirmation Fee of $800 and the Registration Fee of $200 are waived.
- The Scholarship does not cover additional charges, which will be billed to family accounts during the year, for example, laptop (mobile device) fee, textbook and resource levy, technology levy, subject levies and sports/music fees. (Note: Year-level camps are included in fees but additional charges are payable for optional special interest/subject camps, ie UK, language, music tours.)
- The College’s latest Fees Schedule is included in the College Prospectus and available on the Flinders website.
Scholarship Applications – Open January 2021 (2022 entry for a Year 10 or Year 11 student)
Flinders Foundation Scholarship (open to new students only)
Applications close Friday, 26 February 2021
If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to contact the Foundation‘s office on 07 5477 3229 or email email@example.com
The scholarship will be awarded in 2021 to a student commencing Year 10 or Year 11 in 2022.
To be eligible for consideration, the applicant must:
Exhibit attributes of an outstanding all-round contributor.
This will include but not be restricted to:
- strong academic performance as identified in school reports
- enthusiastic contribution to at least two co-curricular activities
- leadership potential as identified by comments from the applicant’s referees
- involvement in community service, either within or outside his/her school program
Be a student not currently enrolled at Matthew Flinders Anglican College.
The applicant’s family must be prepared to provide a bonafide statement that due to financial constraints, the family would not normally be able to consider a Flinders education. This will include disclosure, in strict confidence, of the family’s financial situation.
Applicants are invited to submit a folio including:
- academic and pastoral reports from their previous two years of school
- a handwritten essay introducing him/herself, explaining why they wish to attend Matthew Flinders Anglican College
- two references from adults other than family or staff from their current school
Please include documents as outlined in the guidelines and criteria.
Please do not submit plastic/hard presentation folders.
Please do not submit original documents .
Applicants are not required to sit academic testing.
Download the application form below.
The deadline for submission of folios is 4pm on the closing date, Friday, 26 February 2021.
Please note: Folios should be posted to The Foundation Liaison, Matthew Flinders Anglican College, 1-47 Stringybark Road, Buderim QLD, 4556 (and must arrive by the closing date), or can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or hand delivered to the Main Administration by 4pm on the closing date, Friday, 26 February 2021.
Short-listed applicants and their parents will be invited to attend an interview in March.
The fee to be subsidised is the Australian fee.
The Foundation Scholarship is open from January to 26 February 2021. The Flinders Foundation believes that the process is fair for all and the open period enables all applicants during that period the chance to put their best claim forward. Scholarships are highly sought after and the Foundation acknowledges the process enables consideration of candidates. Due to the integrity of the scholarships process, the Foundation is unable to offer any special consideration for late applications.
Applicants who are shortlisted will be invited to attend an interview in March. The scholarship winner will be announced in Term 2. Unsuccessful candidates will be advised in writing.
We would love to show you around Matthew Flinders and showcase the wonderful opportunities on offer. We invite you to contact our Registrar, to organise a tour of the College (click here to book a place).
Students are encouraged to fulfil their academic potential through a carefully staged curriculum with a deliberate skills focus. Click here to view our Senior School Handbook.
Yes, please submit a separate folio for the Foundation Scholarship. Please include documents as outlined in the guidelines and criteria for each scholarship.
There is no application fee for the Foundation Scholarship.