- We educate for excellence in learning and life.
- We value courage, respect, integrity and compassion.
- We welcome students, parents and staff from diverse backgrounds, faiths and cultures in accordance with our Christian principles
Faith Skill Endeavour
To challenge our students to develop the character and competencies required to achieve academic excellence and a successful future of contribution and leadership in local, national and global communities.
- To be a dynamic learning community that provides our students with an outstanding contemporary education which prepares them for tertiary study and beyond.
- To enhance the performance of our staff in a supportive and collaborative environment enabling them to flourish as professionals for the benefit of our students.
- To build our traditions whilst responding to emerging evidence of new and improved ways of educating our students for excellence in learning and life.
Courage, Respect, Integrity, Compassion
Our aim is for our graduates to possess the following competencies:
- Character: They are people of courage, respect, compassion and integrity who demonstrate confidence, persistence, and resilience.
- Contribution: They are informed citizens who are attuned to their environment, take responsibility for themselves and their actions, and serve their community.
- Academic excellence: They are accomplished learners who are self-directed and have a spirit of enquiry and adaptability in a fast-changing and information-rich world.
- Leadership: They are effective leaders who can empower others, communicate and collaborate well, and have the capacity to make significant and ethically grounded decisions.
The Flinders Learner Traits
The Flinders Learner Traits are a key dimension of the curriculum at Flinders. The six traits are:
- Citizenship and
- Critical Thinking.
They encompass the knowledge, skills, behaviours and dispositions that, together with curriculum content in each learning area, will assist Flinders graduates to live and work successfully in the 21st century. Addressed and developed across all areas of our College’s curricular and co-curricular program, The Flinders Learner Traits are expressions of our aspirations for all Flinders students.
Flinders welcomes students, parents and staff from diverse backgrounds and cultures. The love of God, tolerance and compassion for others is modelled across all areas of our College.
The Habits of Mind and the Spiritual Compass are models of attitudes and behaviours in use to complement the biblical teaching of the Christian Ethos.
Learn more about the Chaplaincy program at Matthew Flinders Anglican College.
Download the College’s Strategic Plan.