The sense of community and strong bonds fostered at Matthew Flinders Anglican College continue long past graduation and we always follow, with a sense of pride, the accomplishments of those who spent their formative years at the school.
The Old Flinderians’ Association provides an ideal link between the College and students who have gone off on new bright adventures. Keeping in touch not only allows us to celebrate their achievements, but also serves as inspiration to current students who will also have to make their way in the world.
Membership to the Old Flinderians’ Association is automatic upon graduation from the College.
All Flinders Graduates have access to our private online alumni networking platform, Flinders Connect. Flinders Connect allows you to build your network and seek out mentors, provides regular community news, and promotes the latest OFA events. We encourage all Old Flinderians to join and reconnect with other Old Flinderians.
Register for Flinders Connect now via email, LinkedIn, or Facebook.
The Old Flinderian Committee meets four times per year and all Old Flinderians are encouraged to attend. The meetings are held on Wednesday evenings from 6pm at the College. Meeting dates for 2024 are:
- 7 February
- 24 April (including AGM)
- 7 August
- 30 October
Thursday, 1 February - OFA v 2024 Firsts Netball Game
Friday, 2 February - OFA v 2024 Opens Volleyball Game
Wednesday, 7 February - Class of 2023 Investigator MorningTea
Wednesday, 13 March - Generations Breakfast
Tuesday, 16 April - OFA v 2024 Soccer (mixed) Game
Friday, 10 May - OFA v 2024 Firsts Basketball Game
Saturday, 17 August - Class of 1994, 30-Year Reunion
Friday, 18 October - OFA Sounds of Summer rehearsal event
Saturday, 26 October - Class of 2014 10-Year and Class of 2004, 20-Year Reunions
HOW TO GET INVOLVED
Information on past students is often not as detailed as we would like. To update your details and to keep us informed of your life after Matthew Flinders Anglican College, please update the contact form below or contact Rachel Sotiropoulos Foundation and Old Flinderians’ Liaison on 5477 3229 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Scholars Awards Ceremony Celebrates Flinders Class of 2023 Prize WinnersMore than 40 top scoring graduates from the Class of 2023 at Matthew Flinders Anglican College returned to their rainforest campus in Buderim on the Sunshine Coast to accept prizesRead More
- Old Flinderian Kiana Scrase Scoops Awards at Film Premiere Rising filmmaker and Old Flinderian Kiana Scrase (Flinders Class of 2021) has scooped a bevy of awards for her first short film, based on a true story, 'Us As IRead More
- Student-Led Radio Station to Launch at Flinders“Goood Morning, You’re listening to Flinders Radio.…!” Secondary School students at Matthew Flinders Anglican College are starting a radio station and who better to teach them the ropes than oneRead More
- Beyond Flinders Profile with Old Flinderian Ally Clarke (Class of 2017)Old Flinderian Alexandra Clarke, who also goes by ‘Ally’, is proof that there isn’t always a straight line to follow when charting life beyond Year 12. Now an Australian SprintRead More
- Old Flinderian Mallibu Burke (Class of 2022) Awarded TJ Ryan Highly CommendedOld Flinderian Mallibu Burke graduated with the Flinders Class of 2022 and is studying Medicine at the University of New South Wales. In this Beyond Flinders Profile Mallibu shares howRead More
- Old Flinderian Patrice Tipoki Stars in 'Moulin Rouge: The Musical'Moulin Rouge! The Musical is coming to Queensland, with shows at Brisbane’s QPAC from 16 May to 27 July. And Old Flinderian Patrice Tipoki - who graduated from Matthew FlindersRead More