The sense of community and strong bonds fostered at Matthew Flinders Anglican College continue long past graduation and we always follow, with a sense of pride, the accomplishments of those who spent their formative years at the school.
The Old Flinderians’ Association provides an ideal link between the College and students who have gone off on new bright adventures. Keeping in touch not only allows us to celebrate their achievements, but also serves as inspiration to current students who will also have to make their way in the world.
Membership to the Old Flinderians’ Association is automatic upon graduation from the College.
All Flinders Graduates have access to our private online alumni networking platform, Flinders Connect. Flinders Connect allows you to build your network and seek out mentors, provides regular community news, and promotes the latest OFA events. We encourage all Old Flinderians to join and reconnect with other Old Flinderians.
Register for Flinders Connect now via email, LinkedIn, or Facebook.
The Old Flinderian Committee meets four times per year and all Old Flinderians are encouraged to attend. The meetings are held on Thursday evenings from 6pm at the College. Meeting dates for 2021 are:
- 25 February
- 13 May (including AGM)
- 19 August
- 4 November
Monday, 8 February - OFA v 2021 Firsts Netball Game
Wednesday, 10 February - Class of 2020 Investigator Morning Tea
Wednesday, 17 March - Generations Breakfast
Saturday, 5 June - Class of 2010 & 2011, 10 & 11 Year Reunion
Friday, 22 October - OFA Sounds of Summer rehearsal event
Saturday, 13 November - Class of 2000 & 2001, 20 & 21 Year Reunion
HOW TO GET INVOLVED
Information on past students is often not as detailed as we would like. To update your details and to keep us informed of your life after Matthew Flinders Anglican College, please update the contact form below or contact Rachel Sotiropoulos Foundation and Old Flinderians’ Liaison on 5477 3229 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Meet Old Flinderian, Saxophonist Jake Barden (Class of 2009)Saxophonist Jake Barden was a music scholarship student at Matthew Flinders Anglican College. He graduated with the Class of 2009. We asked Jake - a proud Old Flinderian! - toRead More
- Flinders Graduates Awarded for ExcellenceOnce our students graduate from Flinders in Year 12, they remain part of our College community as alumni, our Old Flinderians. We enjoy hearing of their next adventures, with manyRead More
- Beyond Flinders Profile with Old Flinderian - surfer Keely AndrewKeely Andrew graduated from Matthew Flinders Anglican College in 2012. She started surfing at age five and went on to become a professional surfer, currently ranked #9 on the Women'sRead More
- Meet Old Flinderian Phoebe Perkins (Class of 2014)We asked Phoebe to feature in our Beyond Flinders profile series. Phoebe has contributed so much to our College community as both a student and staff member. Her kind spiritRead More
- Old Flinderians Work Together in Peace-Keeping Team in AfricaIt was special for us at Flinders to learn that two of our Old Flinderian alumni are working together on a project in Africa. David Harty (Class of 2003) andRead More
- Old Flinderian Mia Johnstone Returns to Teach and CoachOld Flinderian Mia Johnstone graduated with the Class of 2015. Mia has now returned to our College to work as a Teacher Aide and assist with coaching Touch Football -Read More