The sense of community and strong bonds fostered at Matthew Flinders Anglican College continue long past graduation and we always follow, with a sense of pride, the accomplishments of those who spent their formative years at the school.
The Old Flinderians’ Association provides an ideal link between the College and students who have gone off on new bright adventures. Keeping in touch not only allows us to celebrate their achievements, but also serves as inspiration to current students who will also have to make their way in the world.
Membership to the Old Flinderians’ Association is automatic upon graduation from the College.
All Flinders Graduates have access to our private online alumni networking platform, Flinders Connect. Flinders Connect allows you to build your network and seek out mentors, provides regular community news, and promotes the latest OFA events. We encourage all Old Flinderians to join and reconnect with other Old Flinderians.
Register for Flinders Connect now via email, LinkedIn, or Facebook.
The Old Flinderian Committee meets four times per year and all Old Flinderians are encouraged to attend. The meetings are held on Thursday evenings from 6pm at the College. Meeting dates for 2022 are:
- 3 February
- 28 April (including AGM)
- 28 July
- 3 November
Monday, 31 January - OFA v 2021 Firsts Netball Game
Wednesday, 2 February - Class of 2021 Investigator Morning Tea
Wednesday, 9 March - Generations Breakfast
Saturday, 11 June - Class of 2012, 10 Year Reunion
Friday, 21 October - OFA Sounds of Summer rehearsal event
Saturday, 12 November - Class of 2002, 20 Year Reunion
HOW TO GET INVOLVED
Information on past students is often not as detailed as we would like. To update your details and to keep us informed of your life after Matthew Flinders Anglican College, please update the contact form below or contact Rachel Sotiropoulos Foundation and Old Flinderians’ Liaison on 5477 3229 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Old Flinderian Emily Chester Returns to TeachOld Flinderian Emily Chester graduated with the Class of 2014 and is now back on campus, this time as a teacher in our Flinders Primary School! We asked Emily toRead More
- Profile with Old Flinderians' Association President Selena McKaySelena McKay is a leader, business owner and mother of two girls. She graduated from Flinders with the Class of 2002 and in 2019 joined our Old Flinderians’ Association committee,Read More
- Flinders Foundation Hosts Winemaker's Dinner 2022The Flinders Foundation hosted its popular Winemaker’s Dinner event on Saturday, 14 May with more than 260 people attending to help fundraise for Foundation projects to support Matthew Flinders AnglicanRead More
- Flinders student recognised as one of Queensland’s highest achieversFlinders graduate Claudia McPherson has been recognised as one of the highest achievers in Queensland after graduating from Matthew Flinders Anglican College in 2021. At a recent ceremony in Brisbane,Read More
- New Workshop Series to Inspire Student Athletes at FlindersInspiring pep-talks with ironwoman Jordan Mercer, a branding session with radio co-host Ash Gierke of HOT 91.1 FM, and insights on ‘study and play’ scholarships in America are all workshopsRead More
- Old Flinderian Dr Annabelle Faint Graduates From JCUOld Flinderian Dr Annabelle Faint (Flinders Class of 2015) is one of James Cook University’s (JCU) new crop of doctors. Dr Faint, from Buderim, graduated from the university in DecemberRead More