The sense of community and strong bonds fostered at Matthew Flinders Anglican College continue long past graduation and we always follow, with a sense of pride, the accomplishments of those who spent their formative years at the school.
The Old Flinderians’ Association provides an ideal link between the College and students who have gone off on new bright adventures. Keeping in touch not only allows us to celebrate their achievements, but also serves as inspiration to current students who will also have to make their way in the world.
Membership to the Old Flinderians’ Association is automatic upon graduation from the College.
All Flinders Graduates have access to our private online alumni networking platform, Flinders Connect. Flinders Connect allows you to build your network and seek out mentors, provides regular community news, and promotes the latest OFA events. We encourage all Old Flinderians to join and reconnect with other Old Flinderians.
Register for Flinders Connect now via email, LinkedIn, or Facebook.
The Old Flinderian Committee meets four times per year and all Old Flinderians are encouraged to attend. The meetings are held on Wednesday evenings from 6pm at the College. Meeting dates for 2023 are:
- 1 February
- 26 April (including AGM)
- 2 August
- 1 November
Wednesday, 1 February - Generations Breakfast
Thursday, 2 February - OFA v 2023 Firsts Netball Game
Thursday, 2 February - Class of 2022 Investigator Morning Tea
Saturday, 20 May - Class of 2013, 10 Year Reunion
Monday, 16 October - Year 11 Conference
Friday, 21 October - OFA Sounds of Summer rehearsal event
Friday, 10 November - OFA Cricket Game
Saturday, 11 November - Class of 2003, 20 Year Reunion
HOW TO GET INVOLVED
Information on past students is often not as detailed as we would like. To update your details and to keep us informed of your life after Matthew Flinders Anglican College, please update the contact form below or contact Rachel Sotiropoulos Foundation and Old Flinderians’ Liaison on 5477 3229 or email@example.com
- Old Flinderian Patrice Tipoki Stars in 'Moulin Rouge: The Musical'Moulin Rouge! The Musical is coming to Queensland, with shows at Brisbane’s QPAC from 16 May to 27 July. And Old Flinderian Patrice Tipoki - who graduated from Matthew FlindersRead More
- Old Flinderian Network Enables Unique Internship Opportunity at Hit Broadway Musical ‘Hamilton’ in BrisbaneThe Tony®, Grammy®, Olivier and Pulitzer Prize-winning hit musical Hamilton is showing at Brisbane’s QPAC until 23 April 2023 – with not one but two alumni from Matthew Flinders AnglicanRead More
- Q&A With Old Flinderian Annelise Jefferies (Class of 2010)We asked Old Flinderian Annelise Jefferies (Class of 2010) to share some of the life lessons she has gained since graduating from Flinders. Thank you, Annelise, for sharing your story!Read More
- Profile With Old Flinderian Gemma Smallfield, Class of 2008We invited Old Flinderian, Gemma Smallfield (Layfield) from the Class of 2008 to feature in our Beyond Flinders profiles. Gemma reflects on school life at Flinders and shares what she'sRead More
- Meet Old Flinderian Maddy Veivers, Class of 2016Maddy Veivers is an Old Flinderian who graduated with the Flinders Class of 2016. She holds fond memories of her time at Matthew Flinders Anglican College, from her first dayRead More
- Old Flinderian Georgia Billington Represents Australia at World Championships of Performing ArtsOld Flinderian Georgia Billington graduated from Matthew Flinders Anglican College last year and has since been busy pursuing her love for musical theatre. A major highlight for Georgia was representingRead More