We are pleased to offer the new Flinders Elite Athlete Program, which commenced in January 2021. This program is an important step in the aspirational journey of our College as we celebrate 30 years of excellence in education.
Our hope is that the Flinders Elite Athlete Program will inspire, support and develop our exceptional student athletes as they embrace the quality education we provide at Flinders, while also performing with distinction on the state, national and international stage. We look forward to your applications to the Flinders Elite Athlete Program and to supporting our student athletes to flourish.
Our vision at Matthew Flinders Anglican College is to provide an inspiring and nurturing environment where elite athletes can learn the skills, strategies and mindset to achieve their personal best in their sporting and academic pursuits.
Welcome from the
As a former elite athlete in the sport of Netball, I am aware of the need for a healthy life balance in order to excel and perform to the highest possible standard. I am passionate in ensuring our next breed of high-achieving athletes have the necessary skills and opportunities to maximise their potential in their chosen sport and in their education, while thriving in their personal lives.
I am enjoying building relationships with the students who are participating in the Flinders Elite Athlete Program. The students are being supported to identify their goals and learn strategies to help them succeed. They will begin to feel empowered as they become more confident in applying strategies to juggle all aspects of their busy lives in an organised and proactive manner. The program is an exciting opportunity for students to be provided with expert assistance and athlete services, all whilst receiving the best possible education that provides a foundation for their future.
Director of the Flinders Elite Athlete Program
About the FEAP Program
The Flinders Elite Athlete Program (FEAP) aims to support our exceptional Flinders student athletes to perform with distinction on the national and international stage while embracing a quality education as part of a caring school community.
Each athlete will have an individual performance plan tailored to their needs and demands of their sport.
This plan may include support with their:
- academic studies;
- external program/pathway benchmarks required;
- goal setting specific to their sport;
- holistic development in line with Flinders.
Each athlete will be assisted with academic planning and support from their program mentor when participating in state, national or international events that require an extended absence from school.
Students will also have access to workshops, presentations and mentoring opportunities to further enhance their athletics skills, mindset and learning capabilities.
Who is Eligible?
FEAP is open to students currently attending or planning to attend Flinders.
Eligibility is determined by a range of factors, such as team representation and sporting achievements.
Eligibility may also be relevant to sports that are offered at the College or have school sport pathways.
Sports may include: AFL, Athletics (T&F), Baseball, Basketball, Cricket, Cross Country, Golf, Hockey, Netball, Rowing, Rugby League, Rugby Union, Sailing, Soccer, Softball, Squash, Surfing, Swimming, Tennis, Touch Football, Triathlon, Volleyball and Water Polo.
Quality Facilities at Flinders
Matthew Flinders Anglican College provides high-quality sporting facilities. Students are supported to pursue their sporting hobbies, improve their fitness and skills, and learn through the Health & Physical Education curriculum.
Facilities at Flinders include the multi-purpose two-court indoor Sports Centre; Flinders Aquatic Centre; Flinders Fitness Centre, Andrew Kratzmann Tennis Academy; two manicured flood-lit sporting fields that offer three full-sized fields and two cricket pitches; covered Primary Pavilion with two multi-purpose hard courts; and high quality indoor and outdoor cricket nets.
The College campus is surrounded by rainforest and features beautiful gardens, making it a healthy and inspiring natural setting for our students to enjoy as they train for and play their favourite sports.
Program Ambassadors, Key Mentors and High Performance Specialists
Program Ambassadors will be invited as guest speakers and workshop mentors to share their insights, experiences, challenges and successes with the student participants.
FEAP Program Ambassadors include Olympians Laura Langman (Netball), Bo Hanson (Rowing) and Jodie Kenny (Hockey).
These events will be designed as workshop opportunities with Q&A sessions to enable students the opportunity to ask for guidance and support with regard to their own sporting journeys and academic pursuits.
Our Key Mentors in the Flinders Elite Athlete Program include teachers in charge of sport at Flinders as well as the Flinders Directors of Coaching. This group of passionate and experienced staff will be available day-to-day on campus to provide support and mentoring to our FEAP students, where needed.
Flinders staff pride themselves on building respectful, caring and positive relationships with students to demonstrate the support they have available to them as part of our College culture.
Our High Performance Specialists support our athletes to reach their potential and provide ongoing support in the areas of strength and conditioning, nutrition, physiotherapy, performance psychology and sports medicine.
Meet some of our Flinders Elite Athletes
For more information on the Flinders Elite Athlete Program, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- Profile with Grace Dixon, Flinders Elite Athlete ProgramYear 12 student and rising hockey star Grace Dixon is enjoying being a part of the Flinders Elite Athlete Program (FEAP), which launched in January 2021. With other passionate youngRead More
- FEAP Athlete Profile - Isabella Sammut, Year 11, Cricket and NetballSince the Flinders Elite Athlete Program launched in January 2021, there have been many opportunities for our student athletes to learn and grow. Here we share a profile with FEAPRead More
- FEAP Athlete Profile - Charles Clark, Year 12, RowingSince the Flinders Elite Athlete Program launched in January 2021, there have been many opportunities for our student athletes to learn and grow. Year 12 student, Charles Clark is partRead More
- FEAP Athlete Profile - Kya Wills-Rawlings, Year 7, Athletics and Cross CountryThe Flinders Elite Athlete Program is designed to mentor, inspire and support our student athletes to learn and grow. FEAP is all about developing healthy and positive life skills andRead More
- FEAP Athlete Profile - Callum Simpson, Year 9￼Through the Flinders Elite Athlete Program, students learn the importance of health and wellbeing, and how to recognise the support networks around them. Launched in 2021, FEAP's aim is toRead More
- Flinders Student Athletes Launch into 2022Student athletes at Matthew Flinders Anglican College have been busy over the summer holidays and in recent weeks, training for and competing in major events to set themselves up forRead More